Can’t stand for longer than 2 minutes?
Having difficulty just walking around the house?
Dealing with increased pressure and heaviness in your groin?
Not to mention all of the stuff that no one warned you about like - low back pain, sciatic nerve pain, pelvic pain (SIJ, Symphysis Pubis pain) or vulval and varicose veins.
Designed in consultation with an obstetrician for the ultimate in comfort and functionality SRC Pregnancy Leggings - Over the Bump are specifically designed to help you get back to enjoying your pregnancy.
How it Works
SRC Pregnancy Garments have been speciﬁcally designed to support your ‘baby carrying pelvis’ and reduce the stress placed on it through your pregnancy. This allows you to stay at work for longer, helps you get back on your feet and move around more easily and just generally makes you feel like yourself again.
Patented Anatomical Support Panels (ASP) in the SRC Pregnancy Garments deliver targeted compression, ideal for treating multiple conditions like lower back pain, pelvic girdle pain and mild varicose veins as well as vulvar varicosities. They provide support to the pelvic area through gentle yet constant compression, activating muscles and encouraging core stability, reducing swelling and muscle fatigue.
The ASP deliver True Cross Compression (TCC) as each layer within the panel is cut on a different plane so that during activity no compression is lost at any time. The triple layer compression ASP including the gusset panel, have been shown to significantly help with the pressure associated with vulval veins.
- Recommended by womans health professionals
- Tested and loved by more than 100,000 Mothers worldwide
- Tested to last 100 washes
- Healthcare rebates may be available
Do not take your own measurements - compression garmets require accurate fitting to function correctly. Be measured in your underwear only. Stand with your heels together and have the person measuring you keep the tape straight. They should place the tape over your hips, pubic bone and bottom at the fullest part. The tape should touch your body at all points but not be pulled tight.
Differences in Garment Lengths
SRC Recovery garments come in three lengths - leggings, shorts and mini shorts. Each length has different features and benefits and, ultimately, it comes down to personal preference for each customer in what they will get the most wear from:
- Full length leggings - these provide the best venous return and are a fashion staple that can be worn like any other pair of black leggings. However, you may need help to put the leggings on the first time and may not be preferable for women who live in warmer climates.
- Regular (knee-length) Shorts - these can be worn like bike shorts as both an undergarment and outerwear. They provide a slightly better venous return than the Mini length.
- Mini Length Shorts - lots of women prefer these because they fit perfectly under shorter dresses and are great for hotter climates. They are also the easiest to put on.
Over the bump or under?
Over the bump products do not have any compression over the belly, however, some women prefer to be fully covered to achieve the feeling of extra support. Both styles provide the exact same level of compression and it is up to the individual on what style they would prefer. Here’s the rule of thumb:
Under the Bump:
- If you don’t want to cover your belly
- If your skin can feel sensitive and itchy
- If you feel hot or live in warmer climates
Over the Bump:
- If you want to cover the bump
- If you like the feeling of extra support without compressing the bump
Wash garment in cold water with a small amount of detergent. Line dry inside - avoid direct sunlight. Do not use softeners or bleach.
Sharp finger nails, jewellery and watches can snag and damage the fabric.