Pregnancy pushes your body almost as much as extreme endurance sports. Speeding up recovery after delivery is a crucial part in enjoying a healthier motherhood journey for you, your baby and your family.
SRC Recovery garments aid in the treatment of
- C-section wounds,
- Perineal trauma
- Episiotomy wounds
They also treat multiple postpartum conditions such as
- Abdominal muscle separation (Diastasis Rectus Abdominus Muscle DRAM)
- Lower back pain.
Designed in consultation with an obstetrician for the ultimate in comfort and functionality, SRC Recovery Leggings provide the support you need to heal and move more freely post-delivery.
How it Works
SRC Recovery garments provide you with increased stability and allow you to move more freely post-delivery, making lifting, feeding, bathing and caring for your baby much easier.
With no adjustable buttons, velcro or zips, the Recovery garments are like a second skin. There’s no need to constantly adjust while you’re wearing them. Recommended by health care professionals for improving mobility and pelvic muscle function postpartum, these garments have become a must-have inclusion in hospital bags of women the world over.
Patented Anatomical Support Panels (ASP) in the SRC Recovery garments deliver targeted compression, ideal for treating multiple conditions like c-section wounds, perineal trauma and episiotomy wounds, abdominal muscle separation and lower back pain.
They provide support to the pelvic area through gentle yet constant compression, activating muscles and encouraging core stability, reducing swelling and muscle fatigue.
The ASP deliver True Cross Compression (TCC) as each layer within the panel is cut on a different plane so that during activity no compression is lost at any time. The uniquely milled fabric goes through rigorous independent testing to ensure that it is of the highest quality and can stretch and return to its original shape consistently after wash and wear to provide you with optimal performance and a longer lasting garment.
The Recovery garment’s flatlock seams increase comfort during exercise, prevent chafing and wound aggravation.
- Recommended by womans health professionals
- Tested and loved by more than 100,000 Mothers worldwide
- Tested to last 100 washes
- Healthcare rebates may be available
Do not take your own measurements - compression garmets require accurate fitting to function correctly. Be measured in your underwear only. Stand with your heels together and have the person measuring you keep the tape straight. They should place the tape over your hips, pubic bone and bottom at the fullest part. The tape should touch your body at all points but not be pulled tight.
Differences in Garment Lengths
SRC Recovery garments come in three lengths - leggings, shorts and mini shorts. Each length has different features and benefits and, ultimately, it comes down to personal preference for each customer in what they will get the most wear from:
- Full length leggings - these provide the best venous return and are a fashion staple that can be worn like any other pair of black leggings. However, you may need help to put the leggings on the first time and may not be preferable for women who live in warmer climates.
- Regular (knee-length) Shorts - these can be worn like bike shorts as both an undergarment and outerwear. They provide a slightly better venous return than the Mini length.
- Mini Length Shorts - lots of women prefer these because they fit perfectly under shorter dresses and are great for hotter climates. They are also the easiest to put on.
Wash garment in cold water with a small amount of detergent. Line dry inside - avoid direct sunlight. Do not use softeners or bleach.
Sharp finger nails, jewellery and watches can snag and damage the fabric.